What is the Motability Scheme?
The Motability Scheme was founded on the 25th of July, 1978. The aim of the scheme is to aid those with disabilities to become more mobile. This is done by using their mobility allowance to lease a new powered wheelchair or mobility scooter.
A key feature that the Motability Scheme provides is the all-inclusive package, that most leasing or finance deals offer as an extra. This means insurance, regular maintenance, servicing and comprehensive breakdown cover all come as standard with the scheme. Therefore, all you need to do is charge the battery and you’re sorted!
The majority of the Motability Scheme deals require no advance payment! This means you do not have to go outside of the mobility allowance you receive.
Currently, across the UK, the Motability Scheme has provided over 600,000 deals to customers and their families. The scheme has brought enormous freedom and independence in their life.
Who can join the Motability Scheme?
As previously mentioned, the Motability Scheme is done around mobility allowance. To be eligible for the scheme, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and have at least 12 months aware length remaining.
- The Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
Starting from the 9th April 2018, the allowance is £59.75 per week.
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA) Starting from the 11th April 2018, the allowance is £59.75 per week.
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
Starting from the 11th April 2018, the allowance is £66.75 per week.
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Starting from 11th April 2018, the allowance is £59.75 per week.
The beauty of the Motability Scheme is, you are not limited to a certain type of mobility aid. There are so many different types of mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs available for you to choose!
The Motability Scheme offers an “Eligibility Checker”, in order to help you check if you are able to join the scheme. You can either check for yourself or for someone else, the tool is very simple to use. To find out now, if you or someone else is eligible for the Motability Scheme click here!
How to join the Motability Scheme?
Joining the Motability Scheme is very simple and can be done in 4 simple steps.
- Check whether you are eligible to join the Motability Scheme by using the tool on the Motability website.
- Head over to our website to see our full range of products available on the Motability scheme!
- Once you have picked your perfect mobility scooter or powered wheelchair within your mobility allowance, arrange a viewing or a test drive in our Peterborough showroom! To find out our opening times, click here or call 01733 342242
- Lease your new mobility scooter or powered wheelchair and enjoy your fully inclusive lease package that includes; Insurance, servicing, maintenance and comprehensive breakdown cover.
We have a huge range of Mobility Scooters & Powered Wheelchairs
At The Mobility Aids Centre Ltd , we have an extensive range of mobility scooters and powered wheelchairs that are eligible with the Mobility Scheme. To view the full range, click here!
One of our most popular mobility scooters is the Kymco K-Lite Portable Electric Scooter. With one of the highest range battery life, it is designed to make moving around simple and easy, while maintaining the comfort needed for day-to-day use.
The Kymco K-Lite can be leased through the Motability Scheme for as little as £14.83 a week with no advanced payment!
Our partnership with Motability
We have worked closely with the Motability Scheme for a number of years in order to help our customers find the best option for their specific needs. We also repair all mobility equipment in-house at our Peterborough showroom. This means a fast and convenient repair process, to ensure you are off the road for as little time as possible,
If you would like help checking that you are eligible to be part of the Motability Scheme or for professional assistance in choosing the right mode of transport for you, give us a call on 01733 342242 today!