This page (together with Terms of Website Use) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which we sell any of the products (Products) listed on our website (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 24th May 2018.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information About Us
1.1 We operate the website www.themobilityaidscentre.co.uk. We are a Ltd company established in England and Wales. Our registered address is The Mobility Aids Centre Ltd, 88 South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, PE2 8EZ. Our VAT number is 360116200. Our company number is 05810019.
1.2. Contacting us if you are a consumer:
1.2.1 To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the cancellation form on our website. A link to the website cancellation form will be included in our Dispatch Confirmation. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation. You can also e-mail us at [email protected] or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 01733 342 242 or by post to The Mobility Aids Centre Ltd at 88 South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, PE2 8EZ. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.1.2.2 If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01733 342 242 or by e-mailing Us at [email protected]
1.2.3 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by post to the address you provide to us in your order.
1.3 Contacting us if you are a business.
You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01733 342 242 or by e-mailing Us at [email protected] If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see clause 19.3.
2. Our Products
2.1. The images of the Products on our site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer’s display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
2.2. The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our site.
3. Use of Our Site
Your use of our site is governed by our Terms of Website Use. Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
5. If You Are a Consumer – This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer
5.1. If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
5.2. Certain Products on our site can only be purchased if you satisfy the legal age requirement for that product. We are not allowed by law to supply these Products to you if you do not satisfy these age requirements. If you are underage, please do not attempt to order these Products through our site. These Products are Knives.
6. If You Are a Business Customer – This clause 6 only applies if you are a business
6.1. If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
6.2. These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
6.3 You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
6.4. You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
7. How the Contract Is Formed Between You and Us
7.1. Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
7.2. After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 7.3.
7.3. We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
7.4. If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 12.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
8. Our Right to Vary These Terms
8.1. We amend these Terms from time to time, including to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed.
8.2. Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
8.3. If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
9. Your Consumer Right of Return and Refund – This clause 9 only applies if you are a consumer
9.1. If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract during the period set out below in clause 9.3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
9.2. However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
- 9.2.1. any made to measure Products;
- 9.2.2. any hygiene Products, where you have removed the protective packaging; and
- 9.2.3. any Products that have been installed.
- 9.3. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out below:
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
Your Contract is for either of the following:
one Product which is delivered in instalments on separate days. multiple Products which are delivered on separate days.
Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.
End of the cancellation period
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.
9.4. To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to complete the cancellation form on our website. A link to the website cancellation form will be included in our Dispatch Confirmation. If you use this method we will e-mail you to confirm we have received your cancellation.
You can also telephone our customer service team at 01733 342 242 or by e-mailing Us at [email protected] or by post to The Mobility Aids Centre Ltd , 88 South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, PE2 8EZ. If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
9.5. If you cancel your Contract we will:
- 9.5.1. refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- 9.5.2. refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- 9.5.3. make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
- 18.104.22.168. if you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 9.8;
- 22.214.171.124. if you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
9.6. If you have returned the Products to us under this clause 9 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
9.7. We will refund you using the method used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Product we may refund you in vouchers.
9.8. If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
- 9.8.1. then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. You can either send it back, return it to us in-store or hand it to our authorised carrier. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will collect the Products from the address to which they were delivered. We will contact you to arrange a suitable time for collection;
- 9.8.2. unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 9.6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection;
9.9. Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this clause 9 or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
10.01. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date. Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 18 for our responsibilities when this happens.
10.2. If no one is available at your address to take delivery, we will leave you a note that the Products have been returned to our premises, in which case, please contact us to rearrange delivery.
10.3. Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us or you or a carrier organised by you collect them from us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
10.4. You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
10.5. If we miss our delivery deadline for any Products then you may cancel your Order straight away if any of the following apply:10.5.1. we have refused to deliver the Products;
- 10.5.2. delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- 10.5.3. you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
10.6. If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so under clause 10.5, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel your Order if we do not meet the new deadline.
10.7. If you do choose to cancel your Order for late delivery under clause 10.5 or clause 10.6, you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your Order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
11. International Delivery
11.1. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK and Ireland via our website.
11.2. You may place an order for Products from outside the UK and Ireland, but this order must be for delivery to an address in the UK or Ireland. If you wish for Products to be delivered to an address outside the UK or Ireland, please contact us (using the contact details set out in clause 1) and we will discuss with you any special delivery charges.
12. Price of Products and Delivery Charges
12.1. The prices of the Products will be as quoted on our site at the time you submit your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 12.5 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
12.2. Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
12.3. The price of a Product will display whether or not it includes VAT (at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being) or whether it is exempt from VAT. If any applicable rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
12.4. The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as advised to you during the check-out process, before you confirm your order. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery Charges page.
12.5. Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will contact you to inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
13. How to Pay
13.1. You can only pay for Products using Pay Pal or a debit card or credit card.
13.2. Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance. We will charge your debit card or credit card automatically when your order is placed on our website.
14. Manufacturer Guarantees
14.1. Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Products.
14.2. If you are a consumer, a manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described.
15. Our Warranty for the Products
15.1. For Products which do not have a manufacturer’s guarantee, we provide a warranty that on delivery and for a period of 12 months from delivery, the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clause 15.2 or 15.3.
15.2. The warranty in clause 15.1 and clause 15.3 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:15.2.1. fair wear and tear;
- 15.2.2. wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
- 15.2.3. if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
- 15.2.4. any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
- 15.2.5. any specification provided by you.
15.3. Goods that we have told you are pre-used or a demonstration model will be guaranteed to be free from material defects for a period of three (3) months from delivery.
15.4. If you are a consumer, this warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described.
16. Our Liability If You Are a Business – This clause 16 only applies if you are a business customer.
16.1. We only supply the Products for internal use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any resale purposes.
16.2. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- 16.2.1. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 16.2.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 16.2.3. breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- 6.2.4. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
16.3. Subject to clause 16.2, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- 16.3.1. any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 16.3.2. loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- 16.3.3. loss of business opportunity;
- 16.3.4. loss of anticipated savings;
- 16.3.5. loss of goodwill; or
- 16.3.6. any indirect or consequential loss.
16.4. Subject to clause 16.2, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
16.5. Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
17. Our Liability If You Are a Consumer – This clause 17 only applies if you are a consumer
17.1. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
17.2. We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
17.3. Our insurance cover is limited to five million pounds (£5,000,000) per claim and our responsibility to you is limited to a maximum of this amount. This does not apply to our liability set out in clause
17.4. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- 17.4.1. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 17.4.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 17.4.3. any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- 17.4.4. any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- 17.4.5. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
18. Events Outside Our Control
18.1. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 18.2.
18.2. An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
18.3. If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- 18.3.1. we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- 18.3.2. our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
18.4. You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
19. Communications Between Us
19.1. When we refer, in these Terms, to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
19.2. If you are a consumer you may contact us as described in clause 1.2.
19.3 If you are a business:
- 19.3.1. Any notice or other communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by first class post or other next working day delivery service or e-mail.
- 19.3.2. A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our registered office; if sent by first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting or if sent by e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
- 19.3.3. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
19.3.4. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
20. Other Important Terms
20.1. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
20.2. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing. However if you are a consumer and you have purchased a Product as a gift, you may transfer the benefit of our warranty in clause 15 to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask our consent.
20.3. This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
20.4. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
20.5. If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
20.6. If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
20.7. If you are a business, a Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
20.8. If you are a business, we both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).